Wednesday, November 2, 2016

October 31, 2016 - Happy Halloween!

Elder Gaeta and Elder Miles
This week has been a pretty awesome week! Thanks to the temple trip we had last Tuesday! I honestly love going to the temple. The spirit inside is like nowhere else. As I was sitting inside the temple I kept thinking over and over again at how much I wanted to just stay there forever. As I thought that, my desire and motivation to keep all the commandments grew immensely. I knew that if I stayed true to my covenants, that I would be able to live in a place like that for all eternity with my family. 


Waterville Area
This week the highlight was definitely that we got to go to the temple. Other than that we spent a lot of time out knocking doors and trying to find people. At the beginning of the transfer we spent most of our time going by people that Elder Gaeta had found the previous transfer, but now that we've spent time working with them we've had to drop many of them and we've started to spend more time knocking on doors. It doesn't sound that fun, but it's definitely become more enjoyable the longer I've been on my mission. 

View of Wenatchee on our way back
from Waterville


This week though we were able to talk with Mario again. He's doing well, but he says he wants to take things slow and serious. He doesn't want to jump into something that he is unsure about. He's a great guy though. He loves his kids a lot and is willing to do anything for them. His kids also are super awesome. One of them told us that he knew it was all true because it was said by prophets, so we're excited to see how they progress. We've also found a couple more people this week. One named Felipe and the other Nancy, both we just had a first lesson with, but they seem interested.

Last Saturday we did a little exploring of our area and we went up to a town called Waterville. It's a 35-40 minute drive from East Wenatchee and it's up some mountains, but at the top of the mountains it opens up into a huge plain in which people grow stuff called winter wheat. It's a pretty beautiful area but sadly there weren't too many Hispanics. 

Elder Gaeta, Elder Miles,  Hermana Hansen,
Hermana Tecuatl, Elder Etter, and Elder Christensen
So this Saturday we get our transfer calls again. It's going to be interesting to see what happens. We had our last district council this week and at the end we all guess what's going to happen, and many of the missionaries think we're going to be split up, but I'm not so sure. I guess we'll see what happens.

Something neat I learned this week came from an English member, Brother Oberweiser, that we visited while we were in Waterville. He talked a lot about how he focuses on learning from the little things around him, and as he talked I realized that the smallest things can often have the profoundest meanings, so thinking on that over the weekend I came to realize how often we overlook those small things. In President Ucthdorf's first talk this past conference he talked a little about how we lose appreciation for those small things. As I read through part of that talk, and thought about what Brother Oberweiser said, I decided to focus more energy on seeing the little things and the little blessings in everything. Things like having another day on earth, having rain every day, and all sorts of other small things.

Anyway, love you all!!
-- 
Elder Miles

Washington Yakima Mission

Elder Miles is 3rd from left on middle row, Elder Gaeta is 1st on left on middle row

No comments:

Post a Comment