Wednesday, November 23, 2016

November 21, 2016 - The Area

To start off I'll tell you a little bit about my area. Its official title is Malaga Spanish. Malaga is a little tiny town just to the south of Wenatchee. Plus we also cover the very south part of Wenatchee, south of the street Crawford. So if you check it out on a map you'll see just how small it is and about half of our area is Spanish speakers. So we have to be very smart about how we use our time. If we tracted all day we would run out of people to talk to so we try our best to go by former investigators, people that seem to have good potential to become investigators, and those who are less active. It's been a really fun and crazy first few weeks in this area and I'm loving it! 

We've met some pretty cool people this week, actually last night we met this guy named Salvador by following the smell of frying chicken (it's amazing how the spirit guides you). We went to these apartments and smelled the chicken so we followed down some stairs and walked around the corner and his door was already wide open. We talked to him for a minute and he expressed desire to return to church and let us in. It was pretty late so we didn't get a chance to talk with him long but we briefly shared the message of the Restoration and invited him to be baptized. He told us that he wouldn't mind it but he needs to spend a little more time studying before he gets baptized. So we talked with him about how if he wants to come closer to Christ he'll keep commitments and be ready to be baptized in December. So we'll see what happens. He's way cool. 

This week has been pretty crazy again. We've gone on 3 exchanges this week. 2 with the district leaders and their companions and then the APs came up from Yakima for a day. It was super legit going on exchanges with them. I went with Elder Taele. He played football down at SUU and is an amazing missionary but sadly he doesn't speak Spanish. So during our exchanges I translated everything so that he would be able to share his testimony and wow it was a pretty neat experience. There was a really special spirit that was with us as we did that. It's been a wild week though. Elder Aguirre and I haven't spent that much time together this week but the week to come should hopefully slow down a little, but we'll see. We have Zone Conference and 2 more exchanges this week as well as Thanksgiving so we'll see what happens.

So I don't think I've told you much about our car. It's a Dodge Minivan. I know. It's sad. But we named her Gina and she does a good job, but let me tell you it's tough to drive a minivan. 

I think that's everything for the week. I don't think I have any pictures but I'll check my camera and see. Love you all!!
-- 
Elder Miles

Washington Yakima Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment