Monday, November 7, 2016

November 7, 2016 - Transfer Week got Crazy

Waterville Area
So this last Saturday we got our transfer calls, and we also had a Zone Training Meeting. So all Saturday morning things were pretty quiet and I started to think I was gonna get away from anything, but sadly that didn't happen. I will be transferred on Wednesday across the river. So I'll move from East Wenatchee to Wenatchee. So after ZTM we went back to the apartment so we could change out of our suits and do some language study. Well we were about ready to leave and President called. We answer the phone and he says that he didn't think I would be leaving this soon but I he asked if I would be willing to step into a Zone Leader role. When he asked that I was pretty shocked. I'm also pretty excited though. At the monthly mission leadership councils I'll get to see Elder Allsop and Elder Harman! Who both just got called as well! I'm pretty stoked for that but humbled because this will definitely be an adventure. I'm going to be in Elder Spackman's (My Trainer) old area. 

"The 4 Rocky Reach elders in front of the Dam sign
that gives us our names."
That's honestly the biggest update of the week. I don't know if I have mentioned it yet but we have been teaching a recent convert family the whole time we've been here. The mom and daughter were less active for a while but the dad just decided to join the church, so we've been going over and doing the recent convert lessons with him. It's been super fun to see their progress and the cool thing is that I don't have to say goodbye yet! Since I'm going to Wenatchee I'll be staying in the same ward. So things won't change too much. I'll just have to memorize a new set of streets. 

This last week we did a lot of service. We went to Waterville again
​"That is a lifted corvette for I guess when you want
to be able to drive through mud and snow in style."
but his time we helped a new member move in. Then we helped a member move into a town in our area called Entiat. It's been an exciting week, and this coming week should be full of surprises. That's all for the week! Love you all!
-- 
Elder Miles

Washington Yakima Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment