Monday, August 22, 2016

August 22, 2016 - El Traslado

First off I want to let you all know that I forgot my camera. So I won't be able to send any photos of me and my first trainee. Things are going great though, here in Yakima South. I really enjoy this area and I really love the members of the Branch. 

This week as you know was transfers, so Monday and Tuesday Elder Harman said goodbye to some members. Then on Wednesday we had transfers. I finally got to meet my first son! (That's the mission term for your trainee's). His name is Elder Anderson and he's from Smithfield, Utah. He played soccer growing up and played for Skyview High School up in the Logan area. We connected instantly over that. He's super awesome and I'm super excited to be his companion for at least the next 5 weeks. 

Since it was transfer week we didn't get a whole lot of time to proselyte. We had to move apartments and help the new Elders figure out their area. Also, we no longer have a car. Technically we share a car with the other Elders, but since their area is a lot farther away they use it every day. As part of this we have been trying to look for bikes but haven’t been unable to find any yet, so we've been walking every day. It's been pretty tiring to be honest. I didn't think it would but the sun drains you. We've been really good about drinking water, but being out in the heat is definitely not very enjoyable, and it's been in the 90s all week. 

As part of the change of the areas, the new Elders took the part of our area in which we did most of our work, so we've been hitting the pavement hard this week. We've done a lot of walking, and a lot of knocking. We've met some pretty cool people that have some good potential. 

That's really been it for the week. Training is super fun, and I had my first District Leader meeting on Saturday. Basically they just ran over what the responsibilities are for a District Leader. I'm really excited for next week! I'll make sure to remember my camera next time! Love you all!
-- 
Elder Miles

Washington Yakima Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment