Monday, May 23, 2016

May 23, 2016 - El Traslado

Well we had transfers this week, and I am being transferred to the Yakima South Spanish Area. I will be serving in the Terrace Heights Branch with Elder Harmon. He's been out like six months more than me and is the District Leader. I don't know much else about him but everyone says that he is a pretty awesome guy. I'm super excited to be going to Yakima and I'm looking forward to serving the people there. The area that I am serving in is super heavily Spanish populated so I'm really excited for that. Moses Lake has quite a few Hispanics but not as many as I would like. We got the calls on Saturday night and then they announced it in our Branch the next day. 

On Sunday I got to give my talk that I had been working on for several days and it turned out really well. It was
This is the Luna family from Moses Lake. Brother Max
Luna is the 2nd counselor in the branch presidency
and is soooo cool. I think I might miss their
family the most. They are just so awesome!!!
on temples and family history work. I mostly just talked about when we take family names to the temple it can be a special experience. It was super fun and I thought it turned out pretty well. So Elder Spackman was translating into English during sacrament (there are a few English families called to work in the Branch), but he had to say the closing prayer so the second counselor, Hermano Luna, asked if I would do the translation for his prayer. It went pretty well, but man it required a lot of thinking. I really enjoyed it though. I can't wait til I get to the point where I can translate anything. 

This week has been a little different than the past several. We spent most of the time doing tracting and finding again. We've had to drop a few investigators and a lot of lessons were falling through. So we didn't teach a whole lot but what we did teach was super awesome. We taught several Less Actives this week and one showed up to church! The Rubio family has been less active for a while because the father has had some killer Arthritis pain but his wife and son showed up yesterday, which was so cool, and he has been improving a ton lately.

This is me with the Moses Lake Branch
Mission Leader: Brother Freddy Alva.
We were also able to teach Hinocencio and Ricardo again. Ricardo is doing super awesome, he still just needs to get that desire to find out if it's true. He loves coming to church and has been coming for like two months straight now but he doesn't quite want to commit to really trying. 

Hinocencio is doing really well but he struggled this week with alcohol. We have a lesson with him tonight that should be really good for him. He went to an addiction recovery class this last week and it went really well. He seemed to really enjoy it and really soaked it all up but then he struggled a few days later. We'll just have to keep working with him. 

We ate dinner at the Bergeson's house the other night (branch member family), and they had a really neat quote above their sink. It said "Testimony does not come without the TEST." This quote is definitely so true. We will never be able to grow our testimony unless our testimony is tested. In addition to that, during district council this week the quote came up "If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it." So if God allows you to be tested, then if you ask Him for help, He will bring you through that trial.

It's been a really awesome week and I'm really excited to be moving on to Yakima! I'm gonna miss Moses Lake, and the missionaries here, but I'm really looking forward to it. 
This is the group of us that plays soccer every morning.
Back row: Elder Spackman, Elder Johnson,
Hermana Luevano, Sister Hirsche, Hermana Palsson,
Hermana Oliva.  Front 
row: Elder Bonzo, Elder Miles



Oh for those of you who are fish lovers I tried some sushi this week. Sadly I'm not converted yet and I probably won't ever be. 

Love you all!!
-- 
Elder Miles

Washington Yakima Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment