Tuesday, May 17, 2016

May 16, 2016 – Entrevista

Well this week was pretty spectacular. You know I think I say something like that every week. Even the ones that are not super exciting. I guess missionary work is always just amazing. Every week I am stunned by just how awesome it is and I can't really explain why. Serving others and the Lord is really the most amazing thing to do. 

Elder Spackman and Elder Miles
I love the work and the people here in Moses Lake. It's crazy to think that I have already spent almost two transfers here. The work is continuing to progress really well and we just keep finding people that we can teach. This week we met several new people that could be really strong members. The difficult thing that sometimes we find is that we find someone who is super ready and then for some reason they just kinda disappear. Not sure why that happens, but the people we have found this week, we've been able to stay in contact with and also teach a lesson or two. 

Hinocencio is doing really well. He's continuing to progress but he drank again this last week so canceled his baptismal date and now are trying to help him prepare for sometime in June. He is working really hard at giving it up and really is trying to better his life. We also taught Ricardo this week and committed him to reading and praying about the Book of Mormon. He says he will and that he enjoys going to church and stuff so it's only a matter of time before he gets baptized as well.

On Tuesday this week we had interviews with President Lewis. Every time I talk to him I am amazed at how spiritual and loving he is. He cares so much about everyone and just has this awesome presence about him. During the interview he shared Alma 43: 45-56 and talked about what the Nephites were fighting for. Then he compared that to what we are doing as missionaries and what it is we are fighting for and why we are fighting for it. So we talked a little bit about how important having the right desires is to missionary work. When it all comes down to it it's all about love. Everything we do should be out of love for others. This is so important to all of us. If we can work on growing our love for everyone and everything around us, our spiritual sensitivity increases and we find that the challenges in life are easier. 

Elder Miles wrote a note to his future children
Then on Saturday we had exchanges with the Zone Leaders. I went with Elder Wilkey to his area which was really odd because I got to speak English for a whole day. It was weird giving lessons in English and was actually kind of tough. The exchanges went super well and I learned some good stuff form Elder Wilkey. I'm not sure if the family still does this but lately Elder Spackman and I have been switching the first letters around on words and I guess I got used to it. So when I was on exchanges with Elder Wilkey I accidentally said "pan of caint" instead of "can of paint" and Elder WIlkey looked at me like I was crazy. It was pretty bad but it was funny. 

So I've finally tried my first weird food this week. The Wilson's had us over for dinner last night and she is from Guatemala so I guess she loves all sorts of strange things. Anyway we got over there and we walked in and told us that she had a special surprise for us. Turns out that the special surprise was Menudo. Menudo is cow stomach. It was definitely something different and was a little odd but it was actually pretty good, just a little chewy. 

Love you!
-- 
Elder Miles

Washington Yakima Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment