Tuesday, February 16, 2016

February 16, 2016 - Only One More Week to Go

Elder Miles -2nd from left
These weeks just go by faster and faster. It only feels like yesterday that I was emailing everyone again. It´s amazing how much the time flies when you devote your service to the Lord. We were talking as a district about how we celebrated our one month last Saturday. It was super odd because it feels like I just left. It's a good thing I write little notes down as the days go on or I would get so confused with what has happened one day to the next. 

Last Tuesday after we finished emailing we went and played futsal for like 2 hours. It was the funnest thing we've done in gym time. I got the chance to play with Elder Clements a little, though sadly it was against him not with him. 

Elder Miles with his Zone
and a maestros
Wednesday was kind of a stressful day, not because I was trying to learn a lot, but our service project had a huge mix up. Our zone each week welcomes the new missionaries and generally we meet at the main building at 6, but one of the MTC Presidents said we needed to be there at 5. So we tried to tell our teachers but then they said the Director of the MTC said we had to stay in class. Anyway there was a huge mix up and Elder Allsop and I being the Zone Leaders spent like 30 minutes running around trying to figure things out. Thankfully we got it all resolved and everything worked out, but each week those welcoming things are super stressful. 

Thursday we had another fantastic TRC. This time we taught two members. It was awesome and each had such neat experiences to share with us. I love TRC, because it just feels so realistic and rather than teaching a pretend investigator we are teaching someone who may desperately need some hope in their lives. As we were teaching I felt like I was able to teach well in Spanish. I felt that as I opened my mouth the Lord was blessing me with what to say. I didn't have to spend time thinking beforehand what I wanted to say. I was able to listen and respond reasonably well. There is definitely always room for improvement but I know with the Lord on my side I can do all things. My faith these past few weeks has grown tremendously and I can´t wait until the field when I can share that with others.

On Friday during lunch we sat with a bunch of Latinos in order to practice our Spanish. It was a little difficult but it was way fun, because they were doing their best to speak to us in English and we were doing our best to respond in Spanish. We also had a little Zone Devotional that night, and I got the chance to share a quick spiritual thought. I shared 2 Nephi 33:1 and D&C 50:13-14. I talked all about how the most important language we can learn here is the language of the Spirit. Sometimes people stress themselves out too hard by only focusing on the language and what they really need to learn is the Spirit. The language is definitely super important but the Spirit is what guides our questions and will give us words in times of need.

Can you see who has the broken foot?
On Saturday one of the Elders in our Zone fractured his foot while playing basketball, and that night he asked all the Elders in the Zone to stand in a circle while his companion gave him a blessing. It was a really neat experience. He was in pretty good pain before, even while wearing a boot and using crutches, then afterwards he was able to stand and kinda limp around to give us all hugs. He also said that that was the first time he had been able to put any weight on his foot since he had been hurt - another great testimony builder on the power of the priesthood. 

Sunday's are always fantastic as usual. The spirit is just great. I thought for sure I was gonna give a talk but others got called instead. I don't want to jinx myself but I'm pretty positive that I will be giving one this Sunday. They don't tell you who is giving a talk until sacrament meeting and whoever is conducting announces it. So everyone has to write a talk, but I guess I'll just have to wait until this Sunday.
  
Elder Miles doing yoga on his P-Day
Yesterday we lost one of our Districts. District 12A left yesterday for the field. They were the greatest people and all had such powerful testimonies and it is really sad to see them go, but I know they are all going to be amazing missionaries. It´s also weird to know that we will be leaving in just a week. 

Tonight we get the chance to listen to Dallin H. Oaks for our Devotional and strangely enough I'm in the choir. Originally our trio wasn't going to sing, but after their practice on Sunday the director felt like he needed three more Elders to sing and since we´re a trio we fit that bill just right. He told us he needed some volume, so I may not be the best singer up there (actually I know I won´t be the best haha), but I will give it all I’ve got. I am super grateful for the opportunity to listen to one of the Lord´s chosen. I know he speaks the will of the Lord and that he has been called by God. I´m super excited to be able to listen to his message!
ME?!

I know with all my heart that this is the same Church that existed at the time of Christ. I know that the Atonement of Christ can help us in all things. I know that he has called twelve apostles and a prophet to lead us and guide us in these troubling times, and that they all speak the will of God. I know that Joseph Smith was the first prophet of this dispensation, and that he translated the Book of Mormon, the most correct book on earth.

I love you all so much, I plead with you that you ask God with all your heart to assist you in your trials and tribulations, and I promise that he will support and lift you up.

Love you all!

-- 
Elder Miles
Washington Yakima Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment