Monday, February 6, 2017

February 2, 2106 – Traslados

So this week was pretty crazy. First off I had to say goodbye to Elder Aguirre. It was super sad to see him head off but the nice thing is that I get to see him once a month. He's now down in Othello and I got Elder Cannon! Elder Cannon was serving in Yakima for the past six months and I am honestly so excited to be his companion. He is so devoted to working hard and finding people prepared to receive the Gospel and I am super excited for this next transfer. He's originally from Springville and sort of knew Elise. He played football and ran track in high school. 

We've been working with some cool people. If you remember from last week I talked about Jose Rios. He's doing super well. He's read more in the Book of Mormon but he didn't come to church yesterday. We also have been teaching this cool little family, the Ortiz family, but the problem with them is that the father is super lazy. The 9 year-old daughter and the 13 year old son have both read what we've given them and they've both prayed. It's been super fun to teach them but it's been sad because the father is holding them back so much. It's been a good learning opportunity for me though. I've come to see just how important it is to make sure to be the example for your kids, especially when it comes to spiritual things. 

Let's see, we have also been teaching this guy named Rafael who has been reading in the Book of Mormon and this week we have set up a church tour with him. He's a regular at the Catholic Church, so we're hoping that when he gets the chance to see the inside of one of our buildings that it will really help him have the desire to come to church. 

I think that may be all the updates for the week. This week has been a lot of fun, but it's not been filled with a whole lot of stuff. 

Oh, one last thought. Yesterday we had Stake Correlation with the Stake Presidency and I always come away from those meetings feeling soooo motivated to do the work. Being around them I always feel the spirit so powerfully. They have such an awesome vision for the stake and I love getting a chance to learn from them. 

I love you all! I know the church is true! Make sure to study and pray every day and life will be so much better.
-- 
Elder Miles

Washington Yakima Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment