Monday, October 17, 2016

October 17, 2016 – East Wenatchee

Okay, so I'm running low on time for emailing so this email is going to be a little shorter. I'm really starting to adjust to Wenatchee. It's honestly super awesome! It's rained a lot the past few days and it sits in these amazing mountains. It's kinda like Park City, but the city is built on the mountains. There isn't really much of a valley. It's super amazing though.

The ward is great! It's pretty small. Probably the smallest group I've been in, but it's strong. The members are great! 2 of the 3 members of the bishopric are white, and there are like 2 white families, but they are all awesome! There are a few families from Ecuador in the ward, so that's kinda nice. 

My district covers all of East Wenatchee and the towns of Cashmere and Leavenworth. The sister training leaders and another set of Elders are in my district. I went this last week on exchanges with the elders up to Cashmere and Leavenworth and they were amazing. I forgot my camera but Leavenworth is absolutely beautiful. I highly recommend looking it up. It's like a little German town sitting in the mountains.

We've met some really cool people this past week. Our area is interesting. There are quite a few Hispanics but they are spread out quite a ways, so you really have to be thorough when you find. Last night we taught a guy named Mario. His whole family was there, but he just sat outside with us and we talked for a little. At the end he told us that he would love to learn more, and that the next time we go over he wants us to sit down with his whole family and teach them all. I'm pretty excited for him and his family. 

I'm excited about this upcoming week! Sorry I know it's kinda vague I don't have time for much more! Love you!

-- 
Elder Miles

Washington Yakima Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment