Monday, September 12, 2016

September 12, 2016 – Abeja

Well this week was pretty cool. To start off I got stung by a bee for the first time in my life and I definitely don't recommend it to anyone else! That thing felt like getting a pin shoved into the back of my neck. We were waiting at a Taco Bell for a member to come pick us up for dinner, and I was just standing minding my own business, when I felt a nasty prick on the back of my neck. I grabbed back there and pulled out a pretty nasty looking stinger. Not the best experience in the world.

This week we had a zone training meeting and I also had a district council to run. In the district council we talked about how we can get investigators to church. That being the hardest thing for them to do and in zone training meeting we talked about how we need to focus on the needs of our investigators.

We taught a lady named Leonarda this week. She seems pretty awesome. We were walking on the street one night and this little dog started trying to bite us. Well her son ran over and grabbed the dog and we started talking with him. He told us that they had gone to church a few times about a year ago but then moved and stopped going. He said he wanted to start coming again. We had a lesson with them and she told us that she really liked the change she saw in her family and kids as they listened to the missionaries and went to church and that she wants that strength back in their life. They seem pretty awesome. 

We've had a few odd and funny experiences this week. We met 2 drunk dudes while helping them move some things and we got talking with them for a little bit. They were super nice guys, but the conversation was all over the place. They were super interested in what we were doing and what some of our beliefs were, but they could not focus very well. One guy, called Cents, we happened to be walking by his house the next day and he treated us like we were his homies. It was pretty funny. 

I think that was it for the week. Love you all and I'll talk to you next week!
-- 
Elder Miles

Washington Yakima Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment