Tuesday, June 21, 2016

June 20, 2016 - La Enfermedad

Well this week was pretty interesting. There wasn't a whole lot that happened because Elder Harman came down with a pretty nasty virus last Monday. So this week we spent a lot of time in our apartment so he could sleep. He's doing better but he's still struggling. While he's slept I've just been studying Spanish or taking a few short naps. It's been really weird. 

Elder Miles and Elder Allsop
Really the biggest update of the week is that Daniel is still going strong. He's struggling a little but he really wants to get baptized and just keeps pushing forward. On Thursday we had a lesson with him about the Atonement and all the strength that someone can receive from it. It was a super good lesson and he really seemed to want to use that to strengthen himself. Thursday was also exchanges with a couple Elders in our District. I stayed in our area with an Elder Turley from Mesa, Arizona. He is a stellar missionary. He goes home in about a month and has spent a lot of time serving as a zone leader, so I was able to learn a lot from

him. 

Elder Miles with his birthday cake.
Oh a funny story. We met this guy the other day that told us the reason we were out on missions is because we have dysfunctional families and struggle socializing. Kinda weird, but he also tried to prove that Christ came by talking about solstices and equinoxes and whatever, so not too reliable I guess.

I absolutely love the Atonement. I love that it covers every little pain that we experience throughout our lives. It's astounding to me how it's possible but I am so grateful for it. It has helped me so much in my life, and being strengthened by it was what really drove me to get out on a mission.

On Saturday we had a Branch activity to celebrate Father's Day. It was super good. They fed us Tinga which as usual was amazing. Also there was cow feet on tostadas (can't remember the name), and ceviche (not sure if that's spelled right, but it's a bunch of seafood on a tostada), definitely did not try that one. The Branch is super awesome here. It's one giant family, literally and figuratively. About 70% of the branch all is connected by the same family. It can get really confusing to try and figure out how everyone's related. 

Anyways sorry I don't have much more, but I can at least bear my testimony. I know that Joseph Smith restored the same church that Christ established. I know that he translated the Book of Mormon and that it is the word of God. I know this is the only true church on earth, the longer I've been out the easier it is to recognize it.

Love you!
-- 
Elder Miles

Washington Yakima Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment