Monday, August 28, 2017

August 28, 2017 - Angel's Baptism



Elder Nielson and I with Angel
I don't have much time to write a whole lot, but I want to focus most of my time on Angel's baptism. It was so good!! He asked that I baptism him and that Elder Nielson confirm him. The baptismal service went super well. It was probably one of the least stressful baptismal preparations that we have gone through. It was also a really neat experience. He had all of his family there, even the nonmembers. It was a super spiritual experience. I would have to say my favorite part though was near the end of the baptismal service his mom stood up and said a few words. She talked about how she had seen such a big change in her son’s life and how different he had become. My favorite thing she said was "I'm not a member of the
Elder Nielson, Angena (MooMoo), Elena (Angel's 
mom), Angel, Me.  MooMoo is adorable. 
church - yet." She has so much potential to join the church as well!! I'm so excited for that family. The confirmation was also super cool.


Angi is doing a lot better as well. She came to church again!! On her own power and she brought two friends with her!! She is honestly doing so much better. She had a rough patch right after her baptism, but with patience and love she was able to come back. All it took was her coming to church one more time. She's been doing really well with reading and praying also. I am really excited to see the progression.
Saying goodbye to Angi, Ryley, and Trevor (back).
Trevor was their biggest fellowshipper.


Last thought and then I got to run. On Saturday morning President Lewis called us at 7:36 am and told me that I was going to be Elder Allsop's companion again!! I was stunned. Elder Allsop and I have already been companions for 3 transfers and we're going to have another 2! By the end of our missions we will have been together for 5 transfers! It's crazy. I honestly did not expect the call to be an Assistant. I was expecting to be released and go back to a normal proselyting missionary without any extra responsibilities but that all changed in about 2 seconds. I had to secretly pack all Saturday because the other Elders in our apartment couldn't know, and I had to leave for Yakima right after church. So, at 12:45 we left the church building in Omak and arrived at
Elder Allsop and I just after arriving at the office in Yakima. The transfer board is
behind my shoulder.  There is a lot of info on that little board.
Yakima about 4:30. It was a long day. Last night we were up super late doing transfer planning stuff as well. It makes me feel for Braden on his mission when he would write home about how little sleep they got. However, I'm super excited for these next few transfers. Also, I do know that I will be finishing my mission in this area.

Love you all! Gotta run!
-- 
Elder Miles

Washington Yakima Mission
​This is the Lyles family. They are such a good fellowship family for the Lopez's.
Hyrum, Josh (also the Ward Mission Leader), Me, Peter, Bro Lyles, Sis Lyles, Amari, and Lalina

This is Trinidy, her mom Tina, and her little brother Oliver. I was really sad to have to say goodbye to them. They're a good little family, and Trin has really good desires.

This is us with the whole Lopez family. 
Across the top: Elena,Tanya, Sister Lopez, Angel, Brother Lopez, Elder Nielson
Middle: Isaiah, Andy, Me
Bottom: Julian and MooMoo
Tonya and Elena are both daughters of Brother and Sister Lopez and they're both non members, but they're coming along!

Elder Nielson and I just before I left Omak yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment