Monday, January 2, 2017

January 2, 2017 - Intercambios

So this week was pretty different. I spent nearly half of it outside of my area, which was crazy. Last Monday, after P-Day, Elder Aguirre and I spent the evening together but once we hit 8:30 I wasn't going to be in my own area until Thursday at the same time.
 
This is our New Year's dinner. We went and got Jimmy Johns,
cause it was freaky fast.
It was crazy and I ended up having to pack a few days worth of clothes because of all the exchanges we were doing. It was fun though. I got to go spend 2 days in Rocky Reach (my last area). That was a lot of fun. We weren't originally planning on having me over in Rocky Reach for both days but we had to make some changes. 

Because of the exchanges I don't have a whole ton to tell you. Even though I was in Rocky Reach I didn't run into anyone that I met while I was there before, which was too bad. 

The coolest thing from this week is probably the success we have been having in always having someone to teach. The people change from week to week because they are not progressing but we always have someone to teach. This means that we get to do a lot of knocking on doors and teaching a lot of people about the Restoration. This week we are really focusing on making sure that the people we teach are doing the things necessary to progress towards baptism. 

For New Year's we didn't do much. President Lewis changed our Weekly Planning time from Friday afternoon to Saturday night so we spent all of our New Year's eve planning for next week, which I was okay with. It did make it feel weird though. It felt just like any other night but we changed a number (not sure where Elder Miles was going with this…). 

I'm really looking forward to this next year of my mission! It's going to be full of some wonderful miracles I'm sure of it. 
-- 
Elder Miles

Washington Yakima Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment