Monday, July 18, 2016

July 18, 2016 - Noche de Hogar

Wow I don't even know what to write about this week. It's gone by really fast but nothing very interesting has happened. So I'll just give you some updates on how things are going. 

I can't remember if I've talked about this before, but once a month our branch gets together for a branch family night (noche de hogar, night of home), and on Monday we had our second one. It went super well and was really neat. This time there were several non members that came with friends and family so that was pretty cool. Elder Harman and I were in charge of the lesson, and originally we had planned on having members practice giving out copies of the Book of Mormon, but with the non members there we just did a quick little improv, and just talked about why the Book of Mormon is so important. We talked about what the Book of Mormon is and then talked about how it is the most important part of our religion, and without it we wouldn't be here. The Book of Mormon is where we must focus our testimonies, because if it's true, Joseph Smith was God's prophet, and if Joseph Smith was God's prophet we have Christ's church again here on the earth. The lesson went super well, and was really spiritual. 

A little update on Daniel and Lucia. They are doing so awesome! We taught them about keeping the Sabbath Day holy, and they instantly accepted. Lucia told us that she had to work on Sunday, but then she showed up to church. It's so cool to see how ready Daniel is, and how prepared Lucia is to come back to church, but it's sad to see that something as simple as getting divorced is holding both of them back. They're working on the divorce but it's going to take time. 

Daniel has just dove into church. He loves asking questions, sharing experiences, and volunteering comments. He honestly is like a member now he just hasn't been baptized. 

I love missionary work. It is honestly one of my most favorite things I have ever done. I can't think of anything else I would rather be doing right now. I love it out here! The people are so great! I always thought it was funny that every returned missionary said that their favorite part about the mission was the people, and now I understand perfectly why they say that. 

Sorry but that's really all I've got this week. Elder Harman and I have spent a lot of time finding new people and we're trying to sort through the ones that are ready right now to receive the Gospel. 

Love you!
-- 
Elder Miles

Washington Yakima Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment