Wednesday, December 27, 2017

December 26, 2017 - Christmas!!

We had a zone breakfast on Christmas and this
is the crew that helped make the breakfast. As part
of the breakfast President Lewis let us watch a movie
as a zone, so we watched Prince of Egypt.
It was super fun!
It's been a wonderful week leading up to Christmas! Probably one of my favorites of the mission. I feel like in this last week I have learned so much about the Savior and His Atonement. This month President Lewis challenged us to study the books of Matthew and Luke in an effort to get to know the Savior better, along with that I have been studying what it means to come unto Christ. These things have filled my studies this last week and I feel like I have gained such a greater understanding of Christ's role in my life. I also have learned so much about what is required of me to receive of the power of the Atonement.
 
Getting ready for Christmas dinner at the Magalei's
We've been able to do quite a lot this week. We did two more sets of exchanges with Zone Leaders here in the Yakima area, and we started transfer planning early. This was done so President would have more time to spend with his kids when they came up for Christmas. We still have a fair amount to do, and that will fill quite a bit of time this week.

On Christmas Eve Elder Walker's parents had sent a bunch of little presents with scriptures attached to them as clues for what was inside. We decided that we didn't need all of these presents and so we delivered a lot of them to the families in our ward. When we delivered them, we would leave the presents on the porch and then doorbell ditch the family. It was a ton of fun! But we realized that everyone in Washington seems to have huge front windows right next to their doors, so things got a little dicey. We ended up getting caught a couple of times, but of the 12 we only got caught 3 times, which isn't so bad. 

President Lewis, Elder Miles, Elder Walker
Stevey is doing well. We visited her several times this last week and she's been reading in the Book of Mormon quite a bit. She's starting to understand the role of the Restoration and the importance of it, which has been really fun to see. She tells us that her only desire is to get closer to God and Christ, which is perfect because that's what we do. We went and caroled to her on Christmas Eve and it was super neat. Her boys were so excited and she was all smiles the entire time. I think she'll get baptized soon. Not while I'm here sadly, but soon.

Merry Christmas!!
His last transfer planning has begun
-- 
Elder Miles

Washington Yakima Mission

1 comment:

  1. MRx Male Enhancement I limit my crabs to approximately to grams max each. I apply for high protein to grams per day and you will need to be moderate on fats focusing on omegas and unsaturated. With regard to many months in I was using Isotope low carb protein pills. http://jackedmuscleextremeadvice.com/mrx-male-enhancement/

    ReplyDelete