Monday, October 2, 2017

October 2, 2107 - What a week!

This week was pretty amazing! It was our first full week in the area since I've been here, and yet it was still
extremely busy. We had three exchanges this week on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, so I was rarely with Elder Allsop. On Tuesday the Wenatchee Zone Leaders came down and I got to spend another day with Elder Harman! He was my second comp in the field, so it was weird to spend another day with him just in a different part of Yakima. He finishes his mission here in two weeks, so it was really nice to spend another day with him before he left. 

On Wednesday we were on exchanges with the Spanish Zone Leaders here in Yakima and so I got to do Spanish work again!! It was so fun! It was weird to spend a majority of my day speaking Spanish but I loved it! The Hispanic culture is so cool! I love how friendly they all are. 

Then on Thursday we had the Zone Leaders from Othello come down to Yakima. I spent the day with Elder Aguilar, who was my district leader my first transfer in Omak, so it was super fun to go on another exchange with him. 

We were able to see a lot of success this week with a couple of the investigators that we currently have. The
After the Priesthood Session
most progress we saw was with our investigator Josie. Her husband is very anti-God and so she's been nervous to meet with us because of that. Well on Wednesday Elder Allsop visited her late in the evening and they had a bit of a confrontation with the husband. Nothing bad but the husband tried to tell them that Josie wasn't interested and that she didn't care to learn any more about God. Well it actually turned out to be a good thing because Josie defended herself and told her husband "No, I want to do this! You just won't let me!" Anyway, I guess they got into a little bit of an argument and it turned out super well. The husband is okay with her learning as long as she doesn't involve him, and now Josie doesn't feel guilty about trying to learn without bothering her husband. 

With the evacuation missionaries that came from Puerto Rico
after the Hurricane.
I hope that made sense, but if it didn't just know that it all worked out and now Josie has an even stronger desire to learn and her husband is okay with it! Matt is doing well. He went to the General Priesthood session on Saturday and he was invited to a member's home for the Sunday morning session and he loved it! Sadly, his wife Sara didn't watch any. He told us that he had wished she had watched several of the talks because they would have been very good for her. So, we're thinking that for the next few lessons we'll be watching some of the general conference talks with their family. Pray for Sara that her heart may be softened!

Love you all! Take care!
-- 
Elder Miles

Washington Yakima Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment